Make someone smile on March 3
There are lots of good things we wish for our family and friends, but perhaps the most important is for them to be happy. We might struggle with financial concerns, ill health, a difficult work environment or other challenges, but if we can still find a way to be happy and grateful despite the problems that arise, we can muddle through those difficult times finding moments of joy in the life we’ve been given. And that’s what we wish for all the people we love.
On March 3, spread some happiness to your friends, family members – and even strangers – by celebrating I Want You to be Happy Day with some simple gestures designed to bring a smile to the faces of those around you. You know your people best, so think of something that might make your mom happy, or your brother smile, or your best friend feel appreciated, and do what you think will make them happy on March 3.
If you’re looking for a little inspiration, here are some lovely ideas to help get you in the spirit:
- Reach out to someone with whom you have a strained relationship and try to make amends.
- Invite a lonely neighbor, friend or senior over for dinner.
- Surprise your partner with a special little treat that you know they’ll love.
- Tell a good joke to make those around you laugh.
- Be inclusive and invite someone you normally wouldn’t hang out with to join the rest of your gang.
- Teach someone a hobby that you enjoy so the two of you can do it together.
- Listen to someone who has a problem without any judgment.
- Call a friend or family member who you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Collect smiles by complimenting everyone you come into contact with on March 3.
- Be the first to smile and say hello when you pass a stranger in the halls or on the street.
- Bake up a treat and take it to someone with a sweet tooth.
- Tell someone you care about why they are so important to you.
- Sign up to participate in a Foresters volunteer activity
- Organize a charitable activity with the help of Foresters Community Grants.
Remember that it’s important to make yourself happy too. Take some time to do something that makes you feel good on March 3 so that you have the energy you need to make others happy too.
Why not review our article on self-care to make sure you’re on top of your own mental and physical well being?
You never know – your happiness may just rub off on everyone around you!