Start a kindness revolution
September is all about settling down and getting back into a routine after the summer holidays. While structure and schedules are great for getting things done and getting people to school and work and wherever else they need to be, that rigid order can sometimes make it seem like you’re lacking some of the joy and spontaneity that you experienced during more carefree times. But there’s a solution to the September blahs; you simply need to infuse your life with a new kind of good energy.
Acts of kindness, whether random or not, really do make you feel good. You are changing the world and strengthening ties within your family and your community when you purposely set out to do something kind for someone else. Researchers know that performing small acts of kindness can make people happier, so consider participating in our 30 Days of Kindness Challenge this September and infuse a little of that joy back into your life.
How to participate in the 30 Days of Kindness Challenge
- Download our 30 Days of Kindness Challenge and print it out to share with each member your family.
- Use our daily act of kindness suggestions, or brainstorm your own based on your family’s special causes and your community’s needs.
- Commit to practicing deliberate acts of kindness every single day for 30 straight days.
- Sit down with your family every night and talk about what each of you did, how your act of kindness made you feel, and what kind of an impact it had on others around you.
- Acts of kindness tend to be passed on by the recipient of the kind deed, so at the end of your 30 days, applaud yourselves for starting your own little kindness revolution.
For more random act of kindness ideas, and tips for raising kind and considerate children, check out our article on making kindness matter.