A love story for the ages
They say Valentine’s Day is for lovers, but we say it’s the perfect day to focus on all the most important relationships in your life, and to spend quality time with the people that are dearest to your heart. You don’t have to spend a fortune or make grandiose declarations of love. Simply being together and enjoying the bonds of family is all you need to create wonderful Valentine’s Day memories.
- Make breakfast together. Whip up some heart pancakes, and while you’re sitting around the table enjoying the fruits of your labor, have each person tell everyone else at the table one thing they love about them.
- Make old-fashioned Valentines.Forgo the store-bought variety and get your family together for some cozy crafting togetherness! Check out Better Homes and Gardens and Martha Stewart for some wonderful inspiration.
- Have a family movie night. Make some popcorn (if you’re feeling fancy, check out this list of 40 different popcorn recipes! and settle in for a cozy night on the couch with some favorite family flicks. Visit Popsugar for a list of 10 family-friendly Valentine’s Day movies.
- Surprise someone you all love! Make a batch of “Valentine’s Day cookies together and take them to a relative who might need a little extra love on Valentine’s Day.
- Host a family potluck dinner. Invite your extended family over to enjoy some love and togetherness on Valentine’s Day. Visit Delish for some delectable salad, appetizer and entrée ideas that are perfect for a Valentine’s Day feast.
Love makes the world go ‘round, and spending simple, cozy quality time with your family on Valentine’s Day is a wonderful way to remind everyone just how important those bonds truly are.